9.16.2008

Questions on research methods

I think most of all I really need just a run-down list of every method I need to take with me when I visit the job site - I think I'm a little overwhelmed with talking about these methods (not that I don't understand them, because as we talk about them

Interviews
Observation
Tracing Text

Ok, what you just said helped with what I was saying up there a bit. Overall - I understand those three methods of gaining information. I will look forward to the weeks we spend devoted to each of those, and as I said-I think I'm ok in having a general sense of what we need to be focusing on.

1 comment:

Scott Wible said...

You make a good point here about creating a list of these various research methods -- Prior's chapter can be a great text to follow in creating such a list. An important element to add to this list, though, would be not only a description of what each method involves but also what the benefits (and potential) drawbacks of each method might be -- that is, what does method X help you to understand about a writer's process, and what does it not enable you to understand?