10.15.2008

Rhetorical Activity 5 (ARCS pg. 153)

What is the ideological bias (if any) of your hometown newspaper?
(Etc)

I'm not sure I fully understand this assignment, but I'll go with it. I'm pretty sure most media outlets and persona already come fully equipped with whether or not they are "conservative" or "liberal". I personally looked at the Charleston Gazette's website, which I believe to be as liberal as it can be in a conservative setting (and again, sometime it's just really hard to tell). You can usually tell the political leaning of an individual or station or newspaper or magazine or whoever by who they are bashing the most (but-they're not supposed to do that, now are they?)

There's the whole economy crisis going on at the moment, along with foreign policy and many other things-but I'll go with the presidential race just for kicks. It is sometimes painfully obvious who a paper or website is for and against-even when you would hope by some moral code that they would try to remain neutral. Is this possible?

I don't really think so.

No comments: